Check out this infographic on Acrobatusers.com that explains how you can add a Facebook share button to your PDF document. This process requires an existing web site or blog, and uses official Facebook logos and badges.
Look for the tip from this page: http://acrobatusers.com/quick-tips under the Create PDF category.
Here are the basic steps:
- Upload the PDF file to share to your web site or blog, and note the file’s URL.
- Select and download your desired Facebook logo or badge.*
- In Acrobat XI, open the Tools pane, and choose Add Button from the Interactive Objects panel.
- Click the page with the Add Button tool to draw a rectangle. Release the mouse to show the Field Name dialog box and then click All Properties.
- The Button Properties dialog box opens and displays the General tab; type a name and tooltip for the button.
- On the Appearance tab and set the Border Color and Fill Color to None.
- On the Options tab, choose Icon Only from the Layout dropdown list and then click Choose Icon.
- Click Browse to locate and select an image format such as PNG, GIF, JPEG, or PDF. Click OK.
- Click the Actions tab and choose the Open a Web Link from the Select Action drop-down list. Click Add to open the Edit URL field.
- Type the Facebook URL https://www.facebook.com/sharer/sharer.php?u=followed by your link’s URL and click OK.
- Test the link on your document page.
* Learn about using Facebook brand assets and select a logo/badge here: https://www.facebookbrand.com/